Saturday, October 08, 2005

Riches of His Blessings

I had always wondered what the blessings of God really mean. People always tell me that God blesses us spiritually and materially. I don't understand the extend of his out pouring love until recently. Sometimes it's really good to step out from your comfort zone and see how the Lord works. Back home, being very sheltered as I am, I was short-sighted in seeing these things. I mean, I was blessed with a good family- wonderful supportive parents and sisters(though they get on your nerve sometimes, but they are really precious jewels that cannot be replaced), marvellous bunch of friends and a nice home...I didnt realise how comfortable I was till I left home to further my studies in Nottingham.

Now, I wished I could still enjoy the convenience I had at home. I walked to everywhere now..to town to get groceries, to attend classes, wash after myself. I'm on my own now. No more rides from Mum, no more leaving the dishes knowing that someone else will clean them, no more Mum ironing my clothes..no more such convenience. I learnt to appreciate them better now. I didn't realise how well my parents taught me on how important cleanliness is and certain principles that seem petty to some until now to an extend that I become fussy when things are not as tidy as at home. Haha..talking about being so strongly in-rooted.

Now being away, I see things that I don't see back home. I now understand how hard earned money is. When you just have this certain amount to spend on, you'll think before putting certain things into your trolley in the supermarket. The conversion rate obviously makes buying even harder. But perhaps, focus seem to shift to other things here. I was blessed to have been introduced to an assembly in city where hospitality hangs on their neck. Horrible description, but yeah..

People here have been very kind to me. I spent a whole afternoon in Ada's house. She attends service in Clumberhall too. She made me meals, gave me her homemade jam which tasted very nice. Above all, she showed me kindness that I had never expected. Imagine being away from home and here there're people who showed so much love and warmth. I am very thankful. Also another family, the Osbornes, whom I was in contact with before I came over. They were very nice too. They have an adorable son, Matthew who till now still talking about the embarassing incident on leaving me in the toilet when the fire alarm went off in McDonalds! Both Neil and Ruth Osbornes made sure I'm all right here and invited me over to their house for an evening. Such warm people...

Even my friends here are nice. We stayed together and each help support each other..Utter blessedness...I'm truly thankful..

No comments: