Monday, November 15, 2010

The book of John

I havent been updating my blog for the longest time ever. Guna told me that I've violated the rule of blog writing, in that I did not write down what comes to my mind quickly but to let the drafts in my dashboard to accumulate. So, I thought I should show more love to my abandoned blog and i'm posting the drafts I've left to idle.

This piece below was written towards the end of last year, after been on BSF for about 8 months.

Today's our sharing day at BSF. We've been doing the study on John for 32 weeks and it's been such a refreshing study. I remember when I first started BSF February this year, I thought, "What have I gotten myself into?" It's a weekly affair and driving down to CBB isnt exactly my idea of starting the week. But I knew I had to pick myself up from where I left off. I have been neglecting my spiritual walk. There were a lot of outward expression but little on the in filling and study on the Word. I wasnt growing, I wasnt getting answers from the Lord and I was dead, literally I guess.

The book of John is one of the best love story in the Bible, where the Lord revealed the love He showed to us through His Son. This is where John 3:16 came from, a mandatory verse to memory since I was a child. The book of John reminded me of how far God would go in loving me, He sent His son to die on the cross. This book also reminded me of the importance of a close relationship with God and how he would give peace. It's not more feelings of calmness but it's an assurance that you have trusting that He would deliver. And this year, during the time when I struggled to look for answer, I had peace. Suddenly, it was clear why things were happening the way they are.

For that, I'm thankful.

1 comment:

Guna said...

Lovely post, this one :)