Thursday, June 17, 2010

Such joy

Post Mulu- It's been 2.5 weeks since. We still talk about Mulu. Never would I had thought how impactful the trip would be in my life. It's really interesting hearing how it has impacted Yee's life as well. Both of us came back humbled, in our ways and at the same time, equaly excited to embark on any such trips in the near future. We were already talking about Sg Rajang and Kapit! I really like Sarawak. Yee told me to listen to an oldie, "I left my heart in San Francisco," and told me that the song suits my current emotions. I thought the song was cheesy! But, I think I did leave part of my heart there.

One of the guys we met in Mulu continues his solo journey to other Asian countries, after Mulu. I'm encouraged by his courage and adventourous spirit of travelling to all these countries with just his back pack and a Lonely Planet guide! That had been my dream type of travel but is also soemthing which I would not have the guts to do. I'm impressed with his humble spirit of exploring new culture and embracing them. Even I was quite taken with the sudden diversity at the long house but I saw such grace in this young man. Quite an interesting character and what joy to meet such.

Onward, I went to break bread with the Senoi people at Tapah last Sunday. It was such a simple meeting in a simple setup. The Senoi people crowded the hall and waited for us to arrive from KL and as soon as we did, we sang songs of praise and it was again such joy to see how they praised God, having little yet much in Spirit. The children, despite having only SS once a month, that's when we come, took the effort to memorise the memory verses and recited them effortlessly. This brought me much shame, having so much and yet taking the exact things for granted. I have many bibles, but make so little effort to read. Oh Lord, please forgive me. The ladies had their own cooking session and men, the fellowship. Some who need medical attention, had their share from Dr Chew.

And yesterday was a joyful day where one of my close friend got engaged in a simple ceremony in her house. This dear sister of mine has finally found her man. Looking back at what she has gone through the past few years, I could seee very clearly how God had led her and eventually worked this union out so beautifully. I think they are such a match and my prayer is that, from this point, only one life goes forth and may it is in accordance to God's will and within His plans.

I trust that God has His plans for me and it will come to past as and when it should according to His plans. For God works for the good of those who love Him and delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Lord, I commit unto You my deepest desires for You alone know what spells my heart and my mind.

No comments: