Friday, January 12, 2007

Finally

Finally, a blog update. Been so long since I last updated. Finally, an opportunity here in the office. Havent been extremely busy but not free entirely either of which I'm enjoying the privellege of being in this position. Got held back by my senior, thus missing out the opp to go Damansara Kim for lunch. Sigh..anyway, a good thing came out of it. I'm blogging!

I've started work, since last Dec. Been fine here in the office and after being blur and super blur for the past 3 weeks, I'm beginning to get a bigger and better picture of what I was supposed to do. But even if you attempt to ask me what my job scopes and responsibilities are, I might not be able to give you the best of answers. Anyway, I had the opportunity to go down to Johor for a HAZOP meeting which was cool. It was a normal mundane meeting but for some reasons I find so much excitement in it. Haha..And I now finally understand why people say engineering is the field for men. No matter how strong or independent or capable you think you are, it's always not the case in the real world. Talking about being smacked hard right on the face by reality. I'm not the only lady in the office, but I certainly am in the project I'm currently in. Imagine going for meetings with 12 men and being the only lady, it's intimidating. And worse still, going on a job assignment, being the only lady again and into safety meetings with other companies and being the only lady again. The worse was probably, I'm also the youngest, fresh grad, like fresh juice out of the squeezer. Oh no..not even through the blades yet.

My boss always make a remark on how young I am. My bigger boss too. And my colleagues too. They went, "Irene, you are very young" (Oh they cant remember Oyling) Haha...And you walked round the office, smiling and trying to be at your best behaviour and friendly. I grew tired of it very quickly. Haha..

A phone call just came in and I lost my train of thoughts. Erm...oh well, I shall blog again they decide to return to me.

No comments: