Monday, November 20, 2006

Me and the kids

Some sort of a new accomplishment. I drove down to Malacca! The furthest I've driven was probably Shah Alam and its surrounding area. I became the unofficial gang leader and drove down a bunch of kids to storm Malacca last Friday. When I told my sister weeks earlier that I intended to go down to Malacca with these kids, her first response was, " Oh, so you're the gang leader?!" Why and which kids, you may ask...They are not kids in the strictest sense but to me, they are, for a couple more years at least till they graduate. Haha..These lovely children that went down with me were Chee How, Pueh Pueh, Yang Yang and Pei Ling. (Now you know why "kids")

Peiling kept telling me to stop looking at her with the motherly look. Perhaps she wanted me to be a friend instead of bossing her around like what her sister did..But then again, soemtimes I cant help it. She probably had a hard time under my srutiny during the whole trip but I had a good time bullying her. She does bring joy and laughter to the group with her innocently dumb remarks on things. But behind that facade, I see some brain cells working and she is actually thinking quite a bit. But still, I cant quite stand her on other occasions! (Haha..sayang)

We went down with Ngee Zheng who kindly offered us a place to stay for the night in his house, I felt really bad though having to drive his sister out of her room for the night. She was nonethelessly very accomodative. Meeting up with his parents was also interesting. It was good to see a close knit family. There was so much love within the family and looking at him, one will understand that his character was very much shaped from the warmth and love shared by this family. He brought us around Malacca, to the all so famous A Famosa and Stathuys. We also went to Jonkers Street for the pasar malam. And oh not forgetting the sumptuous dinner Uncle Tiong brought us to!

Although we had to leave by noon on Saturday, I had a good time being in Malacca and in the company of these brothers and sisters in Christ. It was good getting to them better, observing them and just being in the company. I found out that Yang Yang couldnt take prawns because of allergy, Chee How can remember roads very well but often choose to maintain the cool look in pictures, Ngee Zheng has the same expression in all pictures, Pueh cant sleep with the lights on unless she's super tired and Peiling, always bluntly and blurly blurts out dumb remarks. And oh, Peiling cant differentiate spicy ikan bakar from the non-spicy one. (How could you?!)

All in all, it was a good trip...And given the opportunity, I would go somewhere again with this group of people, eh, Zheng?















Up on the St Paul's hill













Chicken Rice Balls! And oh, while talking to the "lou pan leong", I found out that her daughter is one of my friends from UNIM and whose brother happened to be Ngee Zheng's friend! Talking bout how small the world is.

p/s: See, Cheehow doesnt smile in pictures and Ngee Zheng look the same in pictures and my cheeks are forever red for reasons not known to me as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cis, this group of peopleee...

*shakes head*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

oh by the way, I took that pic!

*bangga*

Anonymous said...

oops that was me peiling XD