Saturday, June 17, 2006

Streak continues

The aimless streak continues. It feels weird getting up every morning and not having class to attend. It feels even weirder not having notes to read. All of a sudden, I'm not sure what I was supposed to do. The past week saw me being busy playing in the sunshine and going places. The Saturday right after my disastrous oral exams, we went to Peak District, a hilly area roughly an hour drive away from Nottingham. We went to Castleton, a nice green hilly area. We climbed up the hills and had picnic halfway up the hill. It was the only flat ground we found. It was quite an interesting trip, having to rescue a friend of mine who managed to climb uphill but not downhill! It was so hilarious. We took an underground boat ride into the underground caves. For a moment, I thought I was going to die from being claustrophobic! We continue driving up and down the hills, played frisbee, chased sheep and more driving back to Notts. The next few days, we played captain ball and frisbee near the lake. I have not played captain ball for ages and how I miss those days when we played in YP. Aww....

I have a friend here who's excellent in baking. He taught me to bake tiramisu. It was so delicious! I foresee that more baking will follow suit in the next couple of days. It was really quite a lot of fun baking and eating, though not the fattening part.

Results was released yesterday. God was gracious and blessed me with a 2.1. I am now officially a Chemical Engineering graduate! Wow..how does that sound? I was very pleased with my design project. I got a first for that! It's really amazing, even after that disastrous oral exams. Looking back at how we laboured for it, it was a bitter sweet experience. The hours we spent in the lab, the sleepless nights we had, they are all rewarding experience. To many, a second upper may not be the best. To a certain extend, it wasnt for me too. But this one year being here have taught me something more precious. I would never forget what this dear friend of mine have taught me. Although the results are important, the process that you go through is far more precious. I have to agree with her. She has taught me that the experience that you obtained from working hard is incomparable with the grades that you might get. I love the way she views matter, always so optimistic and objective. Friends like these are rare and they dont come by often. Thank you Lord for her.

Hmnn..I now need a summer job.

1 comment:

JiAMuN said...

Good to hear that ling...
lurve you!! take care ya!