Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Empowered by God

The sad, traumatic incident I wrote in my last entry was probably not as horrifying as I first imagined. Last week in church, Mr Reed posted an email written by Fiona, the poor young lady who was raped by the ruthless men in Gambia. In her letter, she wrote of both her and baby Elizabeth's current condition. They are doing fine. Elizabeth was born 2 months prematurely but despite complications, she is coping well. Enclosed in the letter was a picture of Fiona with Elizabeth in her arms. The tone of the letter was amazingly serene. There was not an anguish or avenging tone in that letter. I'm amzed at the peace that surrounds Fiona. Truly, the peace of the Lord transcends all understanding. I know not how it happens but Fiona is an excellent example that it is truly possible and NOTHING is impossible with our Lord. Fiona's husband, Dave is returning to Gambia next week and Fiona intends to go back to the mission field soon too.

I know not how Dave is coping with the pain but the power of the Lord is more persuasive than any individual's grudge. My prayer is that both Dave and Fiona might have the strength to complete the unfinished work they set out to do in Gambia and I pray for little Elizabeth to grow up healthily and strongly as she comes to know our Lord as her personal Saviour.

I'm wondering how would Fiona explain if Elizabeth would ever ask. I couldnt even imagine the complications that might ensue. Perhaps there would come a day when the answers to all these questions are no longer needed or important.

No comments: