Monday, August 29, 2005

Internship at Trident

"Doors that He open, none can close,Doors that He close, none can open"

I came to understand what this saying really means when I was offered a job opportunity at Trident. After being rejected by Shell (How sad..), I was prepared to spend my three months holidays just at home, lingering around like last year. However, just before my holidays start, I got a phonecall from Trident. They have agreed to take me in and hear this, without interview! I suspect they picked my application form randomly (probably with eyes closed and eni minie mou)...However, I trust that the hand of the Lord guided this. I mean, who else could have planned this? Out the few applications they received, they picked me! Imagine how thnakful I was for this. I was reminded of the verse I read from Psalm years ago on how He could change the tides and seasons. He was in control because He's the Creator. I felt very safe because I know that I'm in good hands.

I started my first day at work with mounted excitement. I didn't know what to expect but I quickly settled in. Partly was because I had such a nice group of colleagues. Though I was only and intern, they took me pretty much like one of their own. The warmth they showed touched me deeply. They allowed me to take part in their projects. The best thing was my supervisor took time off and taught me from basics. She was ever patient and throughout my internship period, I had not once saw her losing her temper despite the bugging from the people around. (So, guys, anyone wants me to intro?!! I don't think she mind younger guys. Haha...)

I had my own space and internet connection though I felt guilty for misusing it. All in all, I had learnt a lot from this internship and had made many friends as well. Three months zoomed past without me realising it. My internship with Trident has come to an end. I'm forever thankful for this opportunity to work with them.

No comments: