Friday, July 29, 2005

Fragile Relationships

A couple of my friends went through some painful break-ups with their girlfriends. It pains my heart to see them being sad and down. I begin to wonder. What causes such relationship to break? I had always had this idealistic picture of relationship. It is to be a sacred, sure, strong and secured relationship, leading to marriage. Why start a one when you are not sure if you're meant for each other? But then again, one may not know until they try...In that case, it'll be a trial and error process...meaning, let's try and see if this work out and in case it doesn't, we part ways..How sad..

I see people around me rushing into relationships. Some are more attractive than others. Some get "picked up" fast. At the end of the day, does it really matter? A close friend recently shared her bit with me. I'm glad that there're still some like-minded friends around. Hers was an even more trying one. Both of them prayed and were thankful that the Lord brought them together. However, they chose to wait because it would be a long-distance relationship. Can you imagine? Both knew that God had meant this for them but they still choose to wait and not rush head-on into it.

In the beginning, when God created Adam, He made Eve purposely for him. God had in mind who would be a good helper to Eve and He made just one, the right one for him. Can God not work the same thing today? I'm thankful that the Bible did not record many Eves and ask Adam to try and see which one work out. That, in a way, reaffirms my belief in finding the right one without trial and error. Idealistic..well..maybe I am..

At the meantime, I will just wait..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree... waiting is always worth the while..=)

Anonymous said...

yes i think God have in mind the best complement to us. but at times in this distorted whole, we tend to rely on our judgement and quickly jump to our decision resulting not so happy relationship. Well to avoid all this unecessary heartbreak, i agree that lets be patient, all good things have to wait.