Sunday, March 25, 2007

Slowing down

Since I started work, I find things were moving very quickly. I was dragged into the rat race without even realising it myself. I remember asking Unc Mah how do we balance between work and life. And also how do we find proper inspiration to work. What exactly should be our motivations especially when we are believers? And how, when we spend close to 10 hours daily in the office?

I was caught in quite a turmoil. I tried so hard to be at my best, trying to impress others, trying to be as outstanding as I can be, working harder...but the more I tried, the harder I struggle, the further into the mud I found myself in. I forgot that I dont have to struggle so hard. I forgot that I have an Almighty God behind me. I forgot to read my Bible. I forgot that I am a believer. I had forgotten all. I had allowed myself to drown in busy-ness.

All I remembered was, I need to beat the traffic in the morning along KL-Seremban Highway, I need to be in the office early, I need to smile to everyone in the office, I need to keep my ears open, I need to impress others, I need to learn quicker, I need to speed up, I need to outperform myself. I remember Jupe telling us before that one of Satan's tactic is not denying Christ but by keeping us busy. How true indeed...

I need to slow down and think what's important in my life. What exactly dictates my life? I was speaking to a good friend and she pointed out to me that I need to really take time off and think and pray. I need to read my Bible more. I need to spend time with my Lord..I have missed them all...

And above all, I need prayers...Thanks all!

4 comments:

Tong How said...

hey there sis, take care, don't get too caught up with the stress ok... I am already feeling stress with my last year, after this post of yours, i think i should continue studying =P...I am really not looking forward to working life... will keep you in prayers...

Anonymous said...

Oyling, hang on..this phase of life is necessary, for hardship is what God uses to mould our character. I'm gonna step into the working world soon. will be experiencing quarterly life crisis in the very near future..haha. By God's grace, you'll emerge refined, purified and sanctified..hang on to Jesus!
*in all things we are more than conquerors through him (Jesus) who loved us Romans 8:37

oyling said...

Hey "sister in christ", thanks for the verse. WHo's this btw?

And How, working life can be quite exciting. Through the struggles, if only you can see how God puts you in the struggle and how He brings you out, you would just kneel down in thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. someone who brought you the ugliest sushi you've ever seen. am testing your memory *wink*